- 5.7K 30p internal video recording available in ProRes 422 HQ and ProRes 422 4:2:2 10-bit Cinema 4K 60p internal recording
- FHD maximum 300fps for incredible slow-motion footage
- 5-axis In Body Image Stabilisation up to 7.5 stops
- High resolution image mode up to 100MP hand-held
- 12+ stops of Dynamic Range, expandable in Dynamic Range Boost Mode
- Pre-installed V-Log
- Improved audio features with up to 4 channel input (with optional XLR adapter)
- 4K 60p timelapse
- Anamorphic lens support and Anamorphic Desqueeze Display
- Tally lamp
- Timecode compatible with included BNC cable
- New 25.2MP sensor designed to minimise rolling shutter
- New powerful processor
- Low-light shooting with minimised noise and ISO up to 12800 in video mode
- 3.0 tilt and free-angle monitor
- High resolution OLED viewfinder
- Up to 75fps AFS burst shooting with electronic shutter at full resolution
- Strong, magnesium alloy build
- Splash and dust resistant, freezeproof down to -10
- Build in cooling system to avoid overheating in all settings
- Dual card slots - CFexpress Type B / SD UHS-II
- WiFi/Bluetooth connectivity
- Powerful Panasonic BLK22E battery with in-camera charging or using included external battery charger
Powerful, Professional Video Performance
The GH6 features 5.7K 30p internal video recording available in ProRes 422 HQ and ProRes 422 using a CFexpress Type B card, which enables non-linear editing without transcoding.
With 5.7K 4:2:0 10-bit 60p/50p and 5.8K 30p/25p/24p 4:2:0 10-bit anamorphic 4:3 modes recorded utilising the full area of the sensor, the LUMIX GH6 offers higher resolution and higher bit rates than ever before and delivers the latest in high image quality, versatility, and range needed for film, TV, and all types of video production.
The LUMIX GH6 also achieves 4:2:2 10-bit Cinema 4K 60p internal recording as well as simultaneous output in 4:2:2 10-bit Cinema 4K 60p over HDMI.
4:2:0 10-bit 4K 120p (equivalent to 5x slow motion) and 4:2:2 10bit FHD 240p HFR (High Frame Rate) video recording with audio is available to enable creativity such as speed ramping. FHD maximum 300fps (equivalent to 12.5x slow motion*1) VFR (Variable Frame Rate) enables dynamic motion of a subject.
The LUMIX GH6 achieves unlimited video recording time, without overheating, in all modes with a forced-cooling fan mechanism.
Incredible Dynamic Range
The LUMIX GH6 provides 12+ stops of wide dynamic range for pre-installed V-Log recording, expanding to 13+ stops when using Dynamic Range Boost mode.
V-Log / V-Gamut for incredible colours
The GH6 also contains V-Log/V-Gamut to deliver a high dynamic range with broad colours.
V-Log renders a very flat image while maintaining all colour information within the image, which allows for a greater level of editing flexibility in the post-production process. The GH6’s Live MOS sensor achieves a wide colour gamut known as V-Gamut. This is the GH6’s optimum colour space, which is wider than BT.2020.
A LUMIX First in Audio Recording Capability
The LUMIX GH6 delivers improved audio recording, with 4ch 48kHz or 96kHz 24-bit recording made possible when an XLR microphone adaptor is attached.
The headphone channel can also be switched during video recording and audio menus can be directly accessed with the Fn1 button on the top of the camera to easily check sound levels during 4-channel audio recording. For an external microphone, a Φ3.5mm stereo jack is provided.
Practical Features for Easier Workflow
Settings in Photo Style including different Cinelike gamma presets such as ‘Cinelike D2’ and ‘Cinelike V2’, which have similar gamma setting characteristics for film production.
Video assist functions such as Waveform Monitor, Zebra Pattern, Luminance Spot Meter, Frame Marker, Anamorphic Desqueeze Display, Red REC Frame Indicator and Tally lamps.
Safety Zone Marker, which shows a guide of 95%, 90% or 80% recording area, while the Center Marker allows you to choose the type of the marker.
4K 60p timelapse videos can also be produced inside the camera. With the Exposure Levelling function, the exposure is automatically adjusted to prevent large changes in brightness between adjacent frames to produce equable timelapse footage.
Reliable Build Quality for Professional Use
Splash-resistant, dust-resistant and freeze-resistant down to -10 degrees Celsius. The shutter unit is also durable for approx. 200,000 cycles. The Rec button is located on both the top and front of the camera, which makes it easy to start and stop recording even when shooting at a low angle or with a shoulder rig.
Dual card slots
The CFexpress card (Type B) supports internal recording of high bitrate video at 800Mbps or more including 5.7K 30p ProRes 422 HQ and C4K 60p ALL-I. The SD Memory Card UHS II V90 supports internal recording of video at 600Mbps or less and it is also possible to choose the recording method from Relay Recording, Backup Recording, Allocation Recording using both SD Memory Card and CFexpress Card.
The 2200mAh high-capacity BLK22E battery can be recharged either via AC using the supplied external battery charger or USB according to preference. It also complies with USB PD (Power Delivery) when the corresponding Battery Charger DMW-BTC15 is used.
Future firmware upgrade confirmed with additional benefits:
- Cinema 4K ProRes 422 HQ / ProRes 422
- FHD ProRes 422 HQ / ProRes 422
- USB-SSD direct recording
- 4K 120p HDMI Video output during Live View
- Cinema 4K 120p HDMI RAW Video Data Output to ATOMOS Ninja V+