CoverPlus is an extended warranty provided by Wilkinson Cameras
Your warranty covers manufacturing faults. With CoverPlus, we take the standard manufacturer’s warranty and extend this up to a maximum of 3 years, so that you have the ultimate peace of mind, in case your item develops a fault.
Please note that this does not cover accidental damage and is not a form of insurance. CoverPlus is available as an optional extra and unless otherwise stated is not included as standard
Rest Easy – Free CoverPlus 3 year Warranty on all DSLR, Mirrorless Cameras and associated Lenses until May 31st 2018*
For a limited time, we’re including CoverPlus 3 year warranties free of charge with DSLR’s, Mirrorless (compact system) cameras and DSLR & Mirrorless Lenses*
You’ll find that on these items, during the promotional period, that this is automatically included in your order.
*Excludes Leica M Rangefinders, Hasselblad Medium Format cameras and Sigma & Tamron lenses. Please note that as all our stock is genuine UK stock (no grey imports here), you can register your Sigma lens for a free 3 year warranty with Sigma UK and you can register your Tamron lens for a free 5 year warranty with Tamron UK – so you can still Rest Easy with these brands!
Claiming on your warranty:
(Manufacturer’s warranty or CoverPlus)
If your product develops a fault, the first step is to troubleshoot the problem and get in touch.
1. Look for any obvious reasons for the breakdown and consult the troubleshooting guide in the manufacturer's handbook or on their website
2. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please get in touch for technical help. The best way to do this is to use our Live Help service on the website (Monday to Friday from 9.15am until 5.00pm) or take it to your local store. Out of working hours, please email email@example.com
When contacting Support, you will need:
• Your product name and model number. i.e. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
• Your purchase date and proof of purchase* (if you no longer have your receipt, please provide your online order number or postcode, house number and surname so we can attempt to find your original purchase).
If you no longer have your original proof of purchase, then we will try to find your original in-store or online order using the information you provide us. However, we cannot guarantee to be able find it and it is your responsibility to provide proof of purchase. We therefore suggest that you keep your original paper or digital receipt safe.
If Support can’t resolve the problem, then the next step is to get the item to us. You can either take this into your local store (if you haven’t already) or send the item to us.
Please note that if a fault arises after the first 30 days then the return postage costs are your responsibility. Please see “Posting your item to us” for more information including postage options, packaging advice and address information.
CoverPlus Warranty won’t cover:
• Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped or knocked. (This may be covered by your household insurance, but please check your own policy details carefully).
• Misuse or use in inappropriate conditions (i.e. water damage.) as defined by the Manufacturer and the specifications of the item.
• Wear & tear including cosmetic damage such as scuffs, scratches, dents, etc. where the function of the product is unaffected
• Wear & tear beyond expected limits.
• Consumables such as batteries, etc.
• Data loss, such as information on a memory card, etc.
• Consequential loss as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item.
• Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product, and failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions and/or installation guidelines
• Deliberate damage or neglect of product
What if we can’t repair it?
• If we can't repair or your item, we may replace it.
• If a replacement is no longer available, then we may replace it with an equivalent alternative.
• If no equivalent item is available, we may offer you money towards an alternative option or a refund; considering the age of the item and any use that you have had from it.
Posting your item to us:
You must follow the procedure above in order to obtain a return reference number – parcels received without a reference number will take longer to process and may result in delays.
When you contact us about your warranty repair, you will be given a returns form. You must complete this and include it in your parcel. You can download a form here, but please remember you will still need to contact us for a returns reference number.
Please address your parcel as follows:
Wilkinson Cameras Returns (Your Ref. No i.e. DS-SP-170418)
Unit 25 Charnley Fold,
Please ensure you use a recorded, insured service, such as Royal Mail Special Delivery.
For larger items, you may wish to use a courier. Parcel2go* offer a range of options and provide a simple solution for one off parcel shipping.
Please ensure that you keep your proof of postage. You may need this if you need to claim for loss or damage in transit.
Please make sure you select a suitable insurance value for your item(s).
Return postage is your responsibility and you must ensure the parcel is packaged appropriately.
Please use the guides below to ensure you pack your parcel appropriately:
- Parcelforce packaging guidelines (very detailed)
- DPD Packaging Guidelines
Within the manufacturer’s warranty period (this is usually 12 months):
Returning your item after repair – free
Collect your repaired item from store - free
Beyond the manufacturer’s warranty period (this is usually 12 months):
Returning your item after repair – £9.95 tracked Courier Service
Collecting your returned item in-store - free
Not covered by warranty:
Admin fees in the case of accidental damage or misuse: £25 (when returned without repair)
Repair fees in the case of accidental damage – subject to estimate
Plus, return postage costs of £9.95 (free collection from stores)
Accidental damage or misuse:
If, upon inspection, it is found that your item has sustained damage through either accident or misuse then any repair will not be covered by warranty. There will also be a charge of £25 to cover the administrative costs and the cost of the inspection.
If you wish to have the item returned to you unrepaired, you will also need to either pay £9.95 return postage or collect the item from your local store.
These terms do not affect your Consumer Rights, under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
*We are not affiliated with Parcel2go and do not benefit from you using their service. We cannot take responsibility in the event you encounter a problem with them. We only recommend them because we have personal experience using their services.