Atomos Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor
- 1920x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- 10-Bit Exterior Viewable Monitor
- 4K HDMI Input
- 1000 cd/m2 Brightness
- AtomHDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
- Supports a Variety of Log formats
- Single Sony L-Series Battery Slot
The Shinobi 5.2" 4K HDMI Monitor is a 5.2" on-camera monitor that monitors DCI 4K, UHD 4K and HD video input. It features a 10-bit FRC IPS screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m2, which makes it suitable for use in other exterior and interior conditions. The AtomHDR display technology allows you to accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and colour space. The monitor supports popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED and JVC cameras.
This monitor is built to withstand the rigors of productions, the Shinobi features a lightweight plastic chassis and powers from a single L-Series battery. Additional features include a variety of onscreen exposure analysis, framing and focus assist tools, as well as anamorphic de-squeeze. A 12V power supply is included with the unit.
With AtomHDR you can monitor up to ten stops of dynamic range of your camera's LOG image. Most conventional monitors can only display six or seven stops, which is fine for standard footage; but a Log image will look overly flat. It is also superior to monitoring with a loaded LUT, which can clip the highlights and mask shadows.
Supported Log Formats
- ARRI Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 / LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600
- Canon CLog / CLog 2 / CLog 3
- Fuji F-Log
- JVC JLog
- Nikon N-Log
- Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3
- Panasonic Vlog
- RED Log3G10 / RED LogFilm
- Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine
- Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+
- Panasonic V Gamut
- ARRI ALEXA Wide Gamut
- Rec. 709 / BT2020
- RED Wide Gamut / RED DragonColour / DragonColour 2
- RED Colour2 / RED Colour 3 / RED Colour4
- 4K DCI/UHD and HD Capabilities
- Monitor 4K footage in DCI or UHD formats up to 29.97fps and 1080p up to 59.94fps
Input/output audio via HDMI and output audio using the 3.5mm headphones port for convenient audio monitoring.
5.2" Daylight Viewable Screen
The Shinobi features a 5.2" IPS LCD screen that is illuminated by a bright 1000 cd/m2 LED backlight, making it possible to view in daylight without requiring a hood. Plus, the screen is also colour calibrated from the factory to ensure accurate image representation.
HDR Signal Management
Log and HDR signals can be difficult to monitor with conventional equipment. Though, with the Shinobi's built-in HDR signal management function, the log signal can be converted to the PQ standard for compatibility with existing consumer and professional HDR equipment
The Shinobi supports Anamorphic de-squeeze, allowing you to comfortably view anamorphic footage with a squeeze of 2x, 1.5x, 1.33 and Panasonic's 8:3.