Could you be our next in-house videographer, designer & content creator?
We’re looking for a highly creative, passionate and confident photographer / videographer with additional graphic design experience to join our creative and marketing team at Wilkinson Cameras Head Office.
Whilst the ideal candidate will have prior experience in videography and design in a working environment, if you can prove your skillset and passion with a good portfolio, we’d love the chance to see a recent college leaver or passionate hobbyist flourish and grow within our team. So, if you’re new to the world of work, or looking for a career change then just make sure to include a good cover letter and links to examples of your work.
Location: Bamber Bridge, Preston
Salary: based on experience
Type: Full time (5 days per week), permanent contract
This multi-discipline role will allow you to work in stills photography, video, digital and print mediums creating content for use in-store, on our websites, email marketing and social media channels.
As well as being responsible for creating in-store and digital promotional assets and advertising material, you will also create product demonstration videos, review videos and more.
You’ll have early access to brand new products in the photography world, exclusive opportunities to industry events and product launches and will be on the forefront of helping to drive forward the Wilkinson Cameras brand across multiple channels.
- You will be responsible for videography from planning and initial concept, through to shooting, editing and publication.
- You must have a good understanding of YouTube, Instagram and other social media platforms in order to share the content you create and grow the userbase in these areas
- You will have access to our Liverpool based photography studio with future plans for a dedicated video studio set in another local location
- You will have access to a comprehensive collection of professional equipment in order to create any videos and the necessary Adobe editing software
- You will need to be confident producing both planned, scripted videos for products or product reiews, etc., but also on-the-go documentary style footage from special events or behind the scenes on workshops, in-store, etc.
- Understand and adapt images/video to make it fit for purpose across different channels, from website to social media channels.
- You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the type and length of video required for a given situation / end-use.
- Competence with video, sound, lighting and editing is essential
You will need to produce assets for a range of uses, including:
- Email marketing, website banners and website images
- Social media content
- In-store promotions
- Hand-outs and flyers
- Social media
- Magazine advertising
- Video idents/credits, etc.
- You must be able to create a complete campaign from start to finish, across all the channels in which we operate
- Competence in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator is essential
Who should apply?
- You’ll be a passionate videographer and photographer with an understanding of modern trends and the ability to produce good quality content with the tools available in a reasonable timeframe.
- You will be able to demonstrate a portfolio of work to back up any experience you cite
- You need the ability to travel (and will ideally also have a valid Passport), including a full, clean driving licence as you will be required to attend events and film on location, taking any necessary equipment with you.
- You’ll be confident shooting out on location as well as in-house
- You must be able to work with others both behind and in front of the camera, able to give and receive direction where required
- Ideally you will be as happy in front of the camera as behind
- It is essential that you are well organised with exceptional time-keeping and deadline management skills. This is a fast paced industry and you will find yourself working on multiple projects at once, with lots of last minute changes or short-notice of upcoming events.
- You will be passionate, confident and independent, ready to take on any challenge and find solutions if problems arise. But, you must also be able to work well within a team and have the ability to take constructive criticism, creative critique and listen to the input of those around you.
- You must be able to follow any existing brand guidelines and those of the brands we work with.
- You must have excellent knowledge of mainstream image/video editing software including Adobe Premier Pro, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
Experience and competency in the following is desirable:
- Ideally, you’ll be passionate about photography and videography and excited by the latest equipment and trends within this area – this job is ideal for a tech enthusiast!
- Understanding and passion for social media
- Experience in consumer electronics or another similar role which would aid your position here
- Previous experience with ecommerce / retail
About Wilkinson Cameras
Established in 1986, Wilkinson Cameras is an independently owned business with 10 retail stores across the North West and an ever-growing online presence. We pride ourselves on being knowledgeable and passionate about photography, videography and sports optics. We are Pro level dealers for the biggest brands in photography, including Canon, Nikon, Sony and many more.
In an industry where other independent retailers are closing down or losing market share, we are committed to growing, adapting, evolving and remaining relevant in a highly competitive industry. Your role will help to ensure that we stay ahead and continue this mission.
We are a small company, which means there are fewer layers to work through and a bigger chance to get your ideas heard and off the ground.
If you think this sounds like the job and the company for you, then please apply today.
The initial deadline for entries is January 15th 2020, though we may close this earlier if we find a suitable candidate beforehand.