- Improve ergonomics with comfortable vertical camera handling.
- Double battery life with the addition of two NP-FZ100 batteries.
- Durable dust & moisture resistant construction.
- Quickly & easily access shutter button, AF multi selector and other important controls.
- The added weight of the battery grip improves handling and balance when using larger professional lenses.
- Recharge loaded batteries via the camera's USB port without detaching the grip.
Equal vertical and horizontal operability
VG-C3EM body design makes it almost equally easy to control the camera in vertical and horizontal positions, thanks to keys and controls that are nearly the same as those on the back of the camera body. For example, the vertical grip provides a Multi Selector for fast selection of an AF point.
Grip-shape like α9 body for assured hold
VG-C3EM provides a Grip-shape like that of the α9 body, allowing you to get an enhanced hold for confident shooting in vertical position that is virtually the same as that in horizontal position.
Nearly 2x longer stamina
VG-C3EM vertical grip loads two NP-FZ100 batteries in its housing. You can check the camera LCD monitor to see the remaining power of the battery in use as a percentage (1% minimum unit) on the power indicator. When the power of one battery runs out, the other battery automatically switches on to continue operation.
USB power charging via camera body
You can charge batteries loaded in the vertical grip, using the camera’s USB port without detaching the grip from the camera body.2
Highly rigid magnesium for exterior
Made of magnesium alloy, the same as α9, this grip is highly rigid and lightweight.
Careful attention to dust/moisture resistance
Effective dust- and moisture-resistant sealing is applied to key and controls, as well as ports and electric contacts, for tough usage in harsh shooting conditions.