New handheld freedom
Now you can fully express your vision with full-frame quality and cutting-edge camera shake compensation compatible with wide-ranging lenses.
5-axis image stabilization
The world’s first1 in a full-frame camera - Dramatically expand your range of expression by compensating for five types of camera shake while shooting still images and movies.
Say goodbye to five types of camera shake!
5-axis image stabilization lets you zoom, snap close-ups and capture night scenes with greater clarity. Compensation is equivalent to using a 4.5-step faster shutter speed.
• Pitch [ 1 ] and yaw [ 2 ] compensation: Compensate for commonly experienced pitch and yaw shake at long focal lengths.
• Horizontal [ 3 ] and vertical [ 4 ] shift compensation: Compensate for X and Y-axis shift shake at high magnification (during macrophotography, etc.).
•Roll [ 5 ] compensation: Compensate for roll shake on the Z axis during long exposures. Most in-lens systems cannot compensate for roll shake.
Automatic optimization for every α lens
Your α lenses will always perform their best. - The α7 II analyzes information from your E-mount and A-mount4 lenses to optimize depiction performance and 5-axis image stabilization for the particular lens you mount.
Compatibility with wide-ranging mountable lenses
Use your favorite lenses without camera shake - Enjoy unparalleled handheld shooting freedom with more of your favorite lenses. The short flange-back distance in the E-mount α7 II contributes to broad lens compatibility.
High-performance Fast Hybrid AF
Remarkably fast for a full-frame camera AF system - Whenever fleeting photo opportunities arise, you can always depend on state-of-the-art Fast Hybrid AF.
It captures your subject and doesn’t let go
Highly sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF delivers extremely high-speed response, highly accurate prediction and wide area coverage for autofocusing and tracking you can always depend on.
Extensive coverage keeps AF right on track - Fast Hybrid AF smoothly tracks fast-moving subjects nearly anywhere on the screen thanks to a wide-area 117-point focal plane phase-detection AF sensor.
AF captures your subject without fail - Autofocusing is 30% faster5. Just point, shoot and let Sony’s sophisticated Fast Hybrid AF system instantly capture your fast-moving subject with razor-sharp clarity.
5 fps AF/AE shooting with accurate tracking - Beautifully capture fast-moving subjects with sharp, well-exposed results via 5fps continuous AF/AE shooting, a dramatically improved algorithm and continuous AF Display.
A formula for beauty
Images are gorgeous from corner to corner, courtesy of Sony’s 35mm full-frame Exmor CMOS image sensor and BIONZ X™ image processing engine.
The Sony full-frame advantage
Stunning 24.3-megapixel resolution, low noise, an extremely wide dynamic range and subtle gradations.
BIONZ X speed and precision
High-speed processing faithfully reproduces textures and details in real time, as seen by the naked eye.
Create movies of breathtaking visual and sound quality with exquisite background blur and the sensitivity to bring dark scenes to vibrant life.
Pro-quality XAVC S format
For extremely high image quality and minimal noise, record movies in the high-bit-rate XAVC S format, which enables Full HD image recording at 50Mbps (60p/50p, 30p/25p, 24p)7.
Quality meets superb functionality
• The α7 II includes advanced features that serious moviemakers demand.
• Picture Profile:Saves various adjusted parameters and settings as a profile.
• S-Log2 gamma setting:Creates a 1,300% wider dynamic range. Perfect for post-production.
• Time code / User bit:Record Run, Free Run and embedded time code during clean HDMI output.
• Clean HDMI output:Transfer Full HD movie signals in real-time to an external monitor.
• The refinement professionals demanded: Controls are refined for intuitive operation and immediate adjustment while viewing scenes through the viewfinder. It’s a whole new level of sophistication and control.
• Shoot the way you like: The Fn (Function) button and button customization enable swifter access to your preferred features.
• Front and rear dials: Front and rear dials allow swift adjustment of exposure and other parameters while viewing scenes through the viewfinder.
• User-friendly interface: Quick Navi Pro lets you confirm current camera settings at a glance and find options without searching through menus.
• For shooting flexibility:It tilts upward approx. 107 degrees and downward approx. 41 degrees to accommodate wide-ranging shooting angles.
• Accurate monitoring:Faithful reproduction and impressive visibility contribute to stress-free, intuitive operation.
• Everything feels right: Various refinements ensure a more secure grasp of the camera and more natural shooting with less camera shake.
• Robust lens mount: The body and lens mount are built strong to provide a solid foundation for mounting large, heavy lenses.
• 40% faster startup: The α7 II starts almost immediately after sliding the power switch on. So when fleeting opportunities arise, there is no stressful delay — just the response you need to capture the right moment.
• Robust magnesium alloy body: The remarkably compact and lightweight body is solidly built to withstand the rigors of shooting in the field.
• Anti-dust system and coating: An anti-dust mechanism and anti-static coating on the surface of the optical filter help keep your photos blemish free.
• Full support for the full-frame advantage
• E-mount and A-mount Full-frame lenses - Sony broadens your photographic horizons with an expanded lineup of full-frame A-mount and E-mount lenses offering incomparable performance.
• Easy wireless image transfer
• Connect the camera to a smartphone or tablet with one touch!
• The exciting download service
• Heighten photographic expression according to your own creative needs.