Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN "C" Lens for Micro Four Thirds
The 56mm f/1.4 DC DN lens is part of Sigma's Contemporary series and is an especially sleek portrait-length prime. It is designed for use with Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. The lens is characterised by its bright f/1.4 maximum aperture, which suits photographers working in difficult lighting conditions and offers improved control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus techniques. The optical design utilises two aspherical elements and one SLD element, which help to reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for greater sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting in order to achieve more contrast and colour accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. To complement the optics is a stepping AF motor, which suits both photo and video applications due to its quick, precise and near-silent performance.
- This portrait-length prime lens is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 112mm equivalent focal length
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and affords increased control over depth of field for achieving selective focus effects.
- One SLD glass element reduces colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve greater clarity and colour accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements controls distortion and spherical aberrations, which provides greater sharpness and more accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- A stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise and near-silent performance.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, the rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.