Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM "A" Lens for Nikon F
Designed for the Nikon F-Mount, the Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens is a wide normal-length lens that was made within the rigorous tolerances of a cine lens. It is characterised by a bright design and sophisticated optical layout. The fast f/1.4 maximum aperture helps photographers to achieve shallow depth of field and selective focus effects and it also suits working in difficult lighting conditions. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements, which helps to improve the sharpness and clarity by controlling both spherical and chromatic aberrations. A Super Multi-Layer coating is also featured and helps to minimise flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
This lens sports a Hyper Sonic Motor to complement the imaging capabilities. It helps to produce quick, smooth and quiet autofocus performance with full-time manual focus override. The psychical design features a brass bayonet mount, which offers rigidity and mounting precision along with a seal to guard again dust and moisture. Also, a rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- As part of the Art line of Sigma lens, this is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- This short-normal prime lens is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however, is also suitable for APS-C model where it provides a 64mm equivalent focal length.
- The impressively bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Three F Low Dispersion (FLD) and three Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and colour accuracy.
- One aspherical element is used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and contributes to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimise lens flare and ghosting. It also contributes to producing contrast-rich and colour-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) releases quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimised AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance, The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialised electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability. Additionally, rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Protective coating has been applied to the front element and is both water and oil-repellent to aid in cleaning.