Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D
The Sekonic Speedmaster L-858D combines over 60 years of innovation and features cutting-edge flash measurement technology. This includes flash duration measurement and increased sensitivity for extreme low light level measurements. The lightweight light meter has a bright 2.7" colour dot-matrix touch-screen. Also available are optional wireless triggering modules for Elinchrom, Phottix and PocketWizard.
Flash Duration Measurements
The measurement of the flash duration or "burn time" of a flash exposure has always been a critical part of any fast moving subject, for example, sports, fashion, wildlife and special effect flash photographs. The Speedmaster L-858D's extremely responsive system gives you selectable flash duration measurements from t=0.1 to 0.9. being able to set flashes to yield the fastest, or the slowest, is now quick, easy and precise.
With traditional meters measuring the stroboscopic bursts of HSS flash to determine how accurate flash exposure is has been considered impossible. With the L-858D's highly responsive measuring system, monitoring the level of HSS output, changes the game for HSS shooters, particularly when you are shooting with multiple HSS flash units.
Optional Radio Transmitter
Sekonic now offers you optional radio triggering modules for L858D to control Elinchrom EL-Skyport system and the Phottix Strato/II protocol products. The triggering features range from basic flash triggering to multi-zone and channel triggering, power control, modelling light, camera trigger and more.
By knowing the limits of your camera's capabilities enable you to make better exposures with less post-processing and ensures you will get what you see. Sekonic's pioneering Data Transfer Software allows quick dynamic range mapping and camera/meter calibration for the most precise control of light.
- Seven meters in one
- Increased sensitivity for both incident and reflected-spot sensors in ambient light
- Capable of extreme low light level measurements
- Optional wireless triggering modules now available for Elinchrom, PocketWizard and Phottix
- 2.7" colour touch-screen
- Enhanced digital video/cine features
- Measures the flash duration or "burn time" of a flash exposure
- Highly responsive measuring system monitors the level of HSS output
- 2.7" colour dot-matrix touch-screen
- Extended ISO range ISO 3 to ISO 13,107,200 + ISO 850
- Expanded shutter speed range 30 min. to 1/16,000s for flash light
- Expanded shutter speed range 30min to 1/64,000s for ambient light
- Full HD cine and CINE mode: 1 to 1000f/s and 1 to 358 degree shutter angle
- Lightweight at just 300g