Rotolight NEO 2 Explorer Kit
The NEO 2 Explorer Kit from Rotolight is a highly-portable three-light bundle that sets up quickly and provides a lot of versatility for photography and video. The kit packages three NEO 2 LED lights, three light stands and a comprehensive variety of diffusion and colour filters in a water-resistant soft carry case measuring just 53cm in width. The total package comes in weighing only 6.8kg and can be set up within minutes for events, portrait photography, interview shoots and most other application indoors and outdoors.
The NEO 2 offers continuous light and flash modes with a variable colour temperature of 3150-6300K in both, adjustable using controls and display on the rear. It features a CRI rating of 96 and TLCI of 91 and is designed with Rotolight’s AccuColour technology, which ensures that optimal colour rendering is delivered. The light is also dimmable from 100-0% and has a feature called True Aperture Dimming that helps calculate exposure information by displaying the f-stop for a subject at a given distance, eliminating the need for trail and error shooting or a light meter.
Among the top features of this fixture is a built-in 2.4GHz Elinchrom Skyport Receiver. This provides support for high-speed sync and remote triggering of the unit from up to 656’ away when using a corresponding Skyport Transmitter, sold separately. The NEO 2 has been improved in output by 85% over its predecessor, the NEO 1 model. Flash mode can boost output of 2000 lux at 3’ for continuous lighting and a setting of f/8 at ISO 200 for flash.
Another useful feature is a CineSFX mode, which provides custom lighting effects such as police sirens flashing, fire flaming, paparazzi cameras snapping numerous photos at the same time, a TV flickering and more for use as background effects. Another feature called Designer Fades, provides custom fade up/down production effects for interviews.
The NEO 2 is powered by six optional AA batteries or an included AC adapter that connects into a 2.1mm barrel power input. Using an optional D-Tap to 2.1mm cable, you can connect a brick battery to the light and get up to 10 hours of continuous power. When running on AA battery power, the NEO 2 allows you to shoot up o 85,000 full power shots, which is a significantly large number in comparison to many other battery-powered lights. Offering three ¼” – 20 threads around the edges, the NEO 2 can be mounted in a variety of ways, including via a shoe mount adapter for us as an on-camera light.
- Highly-portable three-light kit for photography and video
- 3150-6300K adjustable colour temperature in continuous and flash modes
- High speed sync flash (1/8000th)
- Built-in Elinchrom Skyport wireless flash receiver enables control from up to 656’ away using an optional Skyport Transmitter and control up to 10 lights in 4 groups
- 2000 lux a 3’ soft output, 85% brighter than the NEO
- 500% more light output in flash mode using AC power, 250% using AA batteries
- 85,000 full power flashes on AA batteries or 1.5 hours continuous output at max power.
- No recycle time and no power loss, ideal for high frame rate cameras
- 96 CRI/ 91 TLCI
- Custom lighting effects in CineSFX mode
- True Aperture Dimming calculates your aperture at a given distance
- Flicker-free output at any frame rate
- 100,000 hour lamp life