- Prime standard lens ideal for portrait, still-life, or low light photography
- PENTAX Aero Bright coating on internal lens elements offers ultra high refraction index for improved light transmission with minimal ghosting and flaring
- The SDM focus system incorporated in this lens results in a smoother, quieter autofocusing operation
- f/1.4 aperture offers outstanding depth of field control
- Tightly sealed, weather and dust-resistant construction enhances durability for use in both rainy and dusty conditions
- The PENTAX-original SP (Super Protect) coating repels dust, water and grease
Pentax 55mm f/1.4 SMC DA* SDM Lens
The f/1.4 maximum aperture produces soft graduation in out-of-focus areas of your images and also provides superb low-light performance, allowing you to get the best out of available light sources. The SDM focus system incorporated in the lens results in a smoother, quieter auto-focus operation using a built-in supersonic motor, while the Pentax Quick-Shift Focus System allows instant switching from autofocus to manual focus operation. With its SP (Super Protect) lens coating that repels dust, water & grease and its weather-resistant construction that matches the weather-proofing of Pentax's DSLR bodies, the Pentax 55mm f1.4 DA* SDM lens is a truly top class piece of glass.