- Compact and lightweight design
- Flash coverage is automatically adjusted to the image area in several steps during zooming.
- Usual synchronisation speed is 1/180 sec
- Super FP Mode up to 1/8000s
- Control settings directly from the camera LCD
- Option of TTL Auto, Auto and Manual modes
- Flash intensity setting in 1/8 steps
- Built-in diffuser for wide-angle coverage
- Flash recycle time less than 1.3 sec. when optional SHV-1 Flash High Voltage set is used
Olympus FL-50R TTL Flashgun
Giving professionals the freedom and control they need to operate effectively in the studio or in the field, the FL-50R flash unit enables flash photography minus the complication of cords and inconvenient set-ups. Control is possible directly from the camera without the need for cables.
The high-performance FL-50R boasts multiple adjustment modes including TTL Auto and manual, high-speed synchronisation - in Super FP Mode up to 1/4000th sec - and also features fast recycle intervals which can be as little as less than 1.3 sec. when using the SHV-1 Flash High-Voltage Set. The FL-50R boasts GN28 performance at a 12mm focal length (equivalent to 24mm on a 35mm camera; ISO 100) and a very powerful GN50 at a 42mm (equiv. to 84mm; ISO 100).
A wide range of flash-related settings can also be easily accessed and adjusted using the camera’s LCD panel as the user interface. Moreover, flash control is available in three groups, allowing flash mode and compensation settings to be set independently for each group - thus enabling ultra-precise illumination.