- Stunning Nikon Z image quality: ultra-wide Nikon Z mount, powerful EXPEED 6 processor, and full-frame 24.3 MP CMOS sensor with 100-51200 ISO range.
- 273-point Hybrid AF: delivers smooth, fast, and precise focusing across the frame. Eye-Detection AF locks on to eyes for perfect portraits of people. Animal-Detection AF does the same for cats and dogs.
- 5-axis Vibration Reduction: stills stay sharp and video is steady.
- Ultra-sharp 3690k-dot electronic viewfinder: the high-definition EVF doesn’t leave anything out of the frame. Key settings like exposure, ISO, and white balance are applied in real time.
- Nikon Z ergonomics: the deep grip feels secure and key controls are perfectly placed.
- Tough yet lightweight: the magnesium alloy body is sealed to keep dust and moisture out.
- Dual card slots, power via USB: accepts fast UHS-II SD cards and the camera can charge (camera off), or powered via USB.
- Tilting touchscreen: touch to focus and shoot, and double-tap to see a 100 % view of the image area.
- Smooth 4K movies: NIKKOR Z full-frame lenses enable beautiful depth of field. Create eye-popping time-lapse movies in-camera, and take stills while filming.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®. Nikon’s SnapBridge app makes it easy to transfer photos and videos, or turn a smart device into a remote monitor and controller.
The Nikon Z5 is powered by Nikon’s fast, comprehensive EXPEED 6 image processing system. It’s the secret behind the camera’s sensational photo and video quality, autofocus performance, low-light capabilities, distortion control, image clarity, colour reproduction and more. Sharpness starts with stability, and the Z5 has one of the best in-camera image stabilisation systems available. NIKKOR Z lenses activate 5-axis VR image stabilisation—up to five stops of stabilisation in up to five directions: yaw, pitch, roll, X and Y. Compatible F-Mount NIKKOR lenses (requires optional FTZ Mount Adapter) —even those without built-in VR—activate 3-axis VR image stabilisation. Great for stills, even better for video. Plus, the Z5 features dual UHS-II SD card slots. Use them together for overflow storage, automatic back up or separating file types like RAW and JPEG or stills and videos.
In The Blink Of An Iris, In Any Light.
Freeze time with shutter speeds as fast as 1/8000 of a second—fast enough to capture moments invisible to the naked eye. When shooting with wide aperture settings for shallow depth-of-field and blurred backgrounds, that speed can also be used to control your shot’s brightness. Furthermore, the Z5’s powerful Eye-Detection Autofocus quickly finds your subject’s eyes—humans, cats and dogs alike—and puts them in sharp focus. It even follows them as they move behind objects in the frame. Additionally, creativity doesn’t wait for perfect lighting, so neither does the Z5. Its ISO sensitivity goes all the way up to ISO 51,200 (expandable to ISO 102,400) with superb sharpness, detail and clarity. Keep shooting into the night, and bring a new mood to your style with the drama of low light.
Fully automatic. Totally manual.
Sometimes you need to just point and shoot. Other times you want to fine tune every little detail. Z 5 is up for either challenge, going from fully automatic to totally manual with the turn of a dial.
In can’t miss moments—like weddings, speeches or performances—turn on Silent Mode and capture photo after photo without drawing any attention. This is also great for photographing pets and wildlife.
FTZ Mount Adapter
The FTZ Mount Adapter lets you take full advantage of F-mount lenses when you shoot stills or video with your Nikon Z camera. There’s no loss in image quality. And NIKKOR lenses without Vibration Reduction (VR) will find new levels of sharpness.