Nikon Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S Lens
The Nikkor Z 14-30mm f/4 S lens spans an impressive wide-angle range. It is an ultra-wide zoom for Nikon's FX-format Z-series mirrorless system. A broad field of view given by this lens is well-suited to landscape, architectural and astrophotography. The constant f/4 maximum aperture maintains a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range. The lens features four extra-low dispersion elements and four aspherical elements, which reduce a variety of aberrations and distortion to produce imagery with high sharpness, clarity and accurate colour rendering. Super Integrated Coatings and Nano Crystals are uses to suppress flare and ghosting for greater colour fidelity and higher contrast.
A stepping motor provides a quick, quiet and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override to suit both stills and video applications. A programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings. Also, the lens has a button-less retractable barrel to realise a more compact form factor when not in use.
- Ultra-wide zoom lens covers a wide-angle to portrait-length range and is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor
- Four aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realise sharp imagery with accurate rendering
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce spherical aberration and distortion in order to realise sharp imagery with accurate rendering
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimise surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting
- Stepping motor delivers impressively smooth, quiet and fast autofocus performance this is well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds
- Programmable Control Ring, is by default, set to adjust manual focus but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation
- Specialised electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques
- Exposed elements feature a fluorine coating that affords protection to the optical system against dust, grease and water droplets
- Dust and moisture resistant lens barrel benefits the lens' use in inclement conditions
- Button-less retractable design maintains a compact form factor when the lens is not in use