Nikon D850 Digital Camera and AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
- A large 3.2" 2.359m-dot LCD screen is available for bright, clear and vivid image playback and live view shooting.
- The screen has a tilting design to benefit working from both high and low angles and it is also a touchscreen for more intuitive operation, navigation and settings control.
- The bright optical pentaprism viewfinder offers a large 0.75c magnification and a wide field of view for comfortable and accurate use.
- Configured with one XQD memory card slot and one UHS-II-compliant SD memory card slot, which allows you to extend fiel saving capabilities.
- A robust magnesium alloy chassis is both dust and weather-resistant to benefit working in harsh climates and inclement conditions.
- The included EN-EL15a rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts for approximately 1840 shots per charge.
- In-camera shooting in the 1:1 square format and class 4:5 format is possible, and the viewfinder will be automatically shaded during shooting in order to aid in more accurate composition.
- RAW files can be recorded in three separate sizes for expedited post-production and in-camera RAW file batch processing is also possible.
- Includes AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
Tough and Robust Construction
A robust magnesium-alloy construction, comprehensive weather sealing, 200kn shutter reliability and illuminated buttons allow pros to work with confidence.
153-Point AF System
The D850 features the same comprehensive AF system as in the praised flagship D5 for tracking fast and unpredictable movements.
Shoot more, wait less. The D850 will streamline your workflow with high-speed date transfer and wireless connectivity.
New Crop Format
Classic and social media friendly format – New 1:1 image area option. The D850 introduces a new image area option with a 1:1 aspect ratio, while reminiscent of 6 x 6 medium format, it is also ideal for social media, where square images have become increasingly popular.
Totally Silent Shooting
Full resolution silent photography without any sound or vibration.
- SL1 – Approximately 6fps with focus fixed – Full FX RAW
- SL2 – Approximately up to 30fps with focus fixed – Dx crop, 8MP images, JPEG normal
Silent mode is ideal for time-lase to preserve mechanical shutter life and when being unobtrusive is of importance.
Focus Shift Shooting
The camera automatically takes images while moving focus position from the starting point to infinity.
- Maximum number of shots: 300
- Focus step width can be selected from 10 levels
- Release interval can be set up between 0 and 30 seconds
- Continuous shooting at 5fps for 45-megapixel is possible
Full Frame 4K UHD 30p Video
The D850 records high resolution video using the full sensor width and therefore takes full advantage of wide angle full-frame NIKKORs, creating a more cinematic look.
The Nikon D850 proves that speed and resolution can indeed coexist. It is a multimedia DSLR that brings together robust still capabilities alongside apt movie and time-lapse recording. Revolving around a newly designed 45.7MP BSI CMOS sensor and proven EXPEED 5 image processor, the D850 is clearly distinguished by its high resolution for recording detailed imagery. The back-illuminated design of the sensor can acquire greater detail and clarity when working in low-light conditions and the sensor also forgoes an optical low-pass filter for improved sharpness. The EXPEED 5 image processor works in conjunction with the sensor, which together afford a 7fps continuous shooting rate for up to 51 consecutive frames, an expandable sensitivity range from ISO 32 to 102400 and 4K UHD video recording using either a DX crop o the entire area of the full-frame sensor. An 8K time-lapse recording mode is also available, as well as additional specialised recording modes for digitising film negatives and for focus stacking application. Benefitting the imaging capabilities is an advanced Multi-CAM 20K 153-point AF system, which debuted with the flagship D5 and offers users 99 cross-type sensors for refined focusing accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions. Checking off several boxes for multimedia image-makers, the D850 positions itself as not only a high-resolution DSLR but also as a camera for speed, movies and low-lighting shooting.
AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
This lens from Nikon spans a useful wide-angle to short-telephoto range and features a constant f/4 maximum aperture for consistent performance throughout the zoom range. Three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements are used to greatly reduce spherical and chromatic aberrations in order to produce a high degree of sharpness and clarity.