- 51-point Phase-Detection AF system sensitive down to -3 EV. Flagship tracking capabilities and quick switching between advanced AF modes
- 273-point Hybrid-AF system sensitive down to -4 EV, or down to -6 EV in Low-Light
- Shoot at up to 7 fps with AF/AE, or up to 12 fps in Silent Live View Photography mode. You get full resolution images, even when shooting in RAW
- The 0.70x optical viewfinder gives a wide field of view and 100% coverage. The tilting 2359k-dot LCD monitor offers touch shutter release and AF
- F-mount lenses. 24.5 MP full-frame CMOS sensor. EXPEED 6 image processor. The same 180K-pixel RGB sensor and Advanced Scene Recognition system as the D850
- The D780 boasts a wider ISO range than the D850. Work with ISO 100–51200, extendable up to 204800 and down to ISO 50
- Shoot ultra-high-resolution 4K/UHD footage at 30p/25p/24p with zero crop factor. Record in N-Log or capture rich Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) footage
- In-camera time-lapse. 2 MP stills at 120 fps. In-camera digitising menu
- High-speed data-transfer capabilities and wireless connectivity make it easy to get images out there. And SnapBridge lets you share JPEGs and RAW files with any smart device
The D780 boasts a fast, dedicated Hybrid-AF system for Live View shooting, and a fast, powerful 51-point Phase-Detection AF system for viewfinder shooting. When shooting in Live View, lock onto expressions with Eye-Detection AF and take advantage of low-light AF, all the way down to -6 EV. Shooting through the viewfinder, you'll benefit from flagship tracking performance, and quick switching between advanced AF modes.
Fast burst rates increase this camera's versatility: up to 7 fps in viewfinder shooting, and 12 fps in Silent Photography mode during Live View. Additional features include the speedy maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 s, which allows the flexibility to sync with Nikon Speedlights. Alternatively, stretch time all the way to 900 s, perfect for capturing dramatic light trails and nightscapes.
Video shooters will love the quality of the footage they can achieve: a 6K image sensor resolution produces ultra-high-resolution 4K/UHD footage at 30p/25p/24p with zero crop factor. You can also use an external movie recorder to capture rich HLG HDR footage, which can be shown directly on a compatible TV or monitor.
Nikon AF-S 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Lens
Offering a broad wide-angle to telephoto range and a constant f/4 aperture, this all-versatile lens delivers stunning stills and videos at any focal length. A compact and versatile 5x zoom lens designed for use with Nikon FX-format SLRs, this lens boasts high optical performance, a constant f/4 aperture and versatile 24-120mm focal range. Nikon’s second-generation Vibration Reduction system delivers outstandingly sharp images, even in low light, and Nano Crystal coat greatly reduces the effects of ghosting and flare.