Leica D-Lux 7 Digital Camera - Value Kit (Red)
The Leica D-Lux 7 is the ideal compact camera and is characterised by its large sensor design, versatile lens and sleek styling. The 17MP Four Thirds MOS sensor offers impressive performance, an 11fps continuous shooting rate, a sensitivity range of up to 125600 and UHD 4K30p video recording to suit multimedia shooting applications in a variety of conditions. The imaging capabilities are balanced out with a flexible DC Vario-Summilux lens, which offers a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range as well as a bright f/1.7-2.8 design for controlling depth of field and working in difficult lighting conditions. This lens also utilises optical image stabilisation to minimise the appearance of camera shake resulting in sharper handheld imagery.
To complement the sensor and lens attributes is the travel-friendly physical design, which incorporate both a 2.76m-dot electronic viewfinder and a 3.0" 1.24m-don’t rear touchscreen LCD. These assets are backed-up with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, which work in conjunction with the Lecia FOTOS app for seamless wireless sharing as well as remote camera control from a linked iOS or Android device.
17MP Four Thirds MOS Sensor
A 17MP Four Thirds MOS sensors with notable resolution and the larger physical size offers a high sensitivity range up to ISO 25600 along with low noise levels and vivid colour and tonal rendering. The sensor design, with 21.77MP total resolution, also supports working in multiple aspect ratios (4:3, 3:2, 16:9 and 1:1) whilst maintain the same field of view. The sensor and image processor also enables continuous shooting at up to 11fps and UHD 4K movie recording.
The built-in DC Vario-Summilux 3.1x zoom lens offers a 24-75mm equivalent focal length range, covering wide-angle to portrait-length focal lengths to suit working in a variety of shooting situations. It bright f/1.7-2.8 maximum aperture range also suits working in low-light conditions and offers improved control over depth of field. Additionally, also benefiting working in difficult lighting, optical image stabilisation minimises the appearance of camera shake to help render sharper handheld images.
UHD 4K Video Recording
In addition to the versatile still shooting modes, the D-Lux also supports recording UHD 4K video with either 30p or 24P frame rates at 100MB/s in the MP4 format. Full HD 1080p60 is also supported, in both MP4 and AVCHD formats.
4K Photo Modes
Utilising the D-Lux 7's video recording capabilities, a trio of still shooting modes are available for recording continuous 8MP stills as 30fps shooting rate:
- Burst – this mode allows you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst – this mode is perfect for tomes when you are unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S) – this mode most closely follows the video recording process and allows you to playback your video, pause at a chosen moment and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
- Bright electronic viewfinder that has a 2.76m-dot resolution for clear eye-level viewing, even in bright sunlight.
- The rear 30." 1.24-dot LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive menu navigation, image playback and for selecting AF points when shooting.
- Included hot shoe-mounted external flash can be used to provide additional illumination when working in low-light conditions.
- In-camera charging of the BP-DC15 lithium-ion battery is supported via an optional USB-connected power bank or when connected to a computer or AC adapter.
Wireless Connectivity and Other Camera Features
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and enables remote control over the D-Lux 7 and remote shooting via a live view image.
- Post Focus allows users to select the point of focus after an image has been taken. An electronic shutter function avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 seconds to better enable working in brighter conditions and with wider aperture settings.
Plus Value Kit Contents