How to use the Little Stopper:
- First compose your image before fitting the Big or Little Stopper.
- Take a meter reading without the filter in place, and set your desired aperture and shutter speed.
- Use the exposure tables to find the correct exposure. Your filter will have come with a printed exposure table.
- With the Big or Little Stopper inserted into the slot nearest the lens, attach the filter holder as usual and make your exposure.
- Always use the sturdiest tripod you can when making long exposures, and take care not to knock the camera or tripod. Cover your viewfinder before releasing the shutter to avoid light encroaching onto the sensor or film and causing flare.
Both the Big Stopper & Little Stopper can be used in conjunction with other filters such as Neutral Density Graduated Filters.
Other filters should be set up and positioned in the filter holder as normal before using the Big or Little Stopper, remembering to keep the slot in the filter holder nearest the lens free for the Big or Little Stopper.
||15th of a second
||8th of a second
||¼ of a second
||½ of a second