You will be emailed a digital ticket within 1 working day of placing your order.
Please show this on a smart phone or tablet or print it off to show on the day. If you do not receive a ticket then please bring your order confirmation or receipt. For in-store purchases, no ticket will be emailed - please use your receipt.
This workshop takes place over two days. A ticket covers both days. Accommodation is not included, but see further down to find out more about accommodation options.
In case having two opportunities to learn from Dave isn’t enough of an incentive, there will also be the latest equipment to borrow from Canon (we'll even have the new EOS R to try!), Manfrotto/Gitzo and LEE Filters so you can be sure you’ll be fully kitted out to capture the best of whatever Mother Nature provides.
If this all sounds too good to be true and you’re wondering where the catch is, it’s that spaces are extremely limited. While the Lake District is a big place, we’re keeping the numbers low to ensure you get as much time as possible with Dave and can ask him as many questions as you can think of. Also we want to make sure there’s not a hillside of people jostling for position!
Saturday March 23rd - 11.30pm until 7.30pm
11.30am - 1.30pm: Introductory talk
1.30pm - 5.00pm: Location shoot for sunset
5.00pm - 7.30pm: Image review and an introduction to processing
8.00pm - Dinner*
*dinner is not included in the price and it isn't mandatory, but we'd love you to join us. A venue will be chosen and communicated to all atendees before the event. (Please make us aware of any dietary requirements at least two weeks prior to the event).
Sunday March 24th- 5.00am until 12pm
5.00am - Meet
5.30am - 8.30am - Sunrise location shoot
8.30am - 9.00am - breakfast
9.00am - 12.00pm - Processing workshop and printing, conclusion
As with any workshop, please remember that times are given as a guideline and can run over or change depending on the number of questions asked or other unforseen circumstances. Please consider this when making travel plans.
- Bring your camera kit, including spare batteries and memory cards for your camera.
- If you already have a tripod and filters, bring these too.
- Ensure you have a suitable bag to carry it all comfortably, with room for snacks, water and waterproofs or spare layers.
- Canon EOS cameras and Canon EF lenses will be available to use throughout the workshop as well, so don't worry if you don't have your own or if you want to try something new.
It’s the Lake District in March, so the weather could be brilliant or terrible (but Dave will show you how to shoot whatever!) As such, it is essential you have appropriate clothing. We will be starting early and finishing late, so remember that the temperature will change throughout the day.
- Think along the lines of waterproof, windproof and layered so you can adjust throughout the day.
- Good walking boots are a must - no trainers please. Time to dig out your winter boots for this workshop, remember the ground may well be wet!
- Don't forget the accessories! Usable gloves (by usable, we mean thin enough to use the camera's buttons with!), a neck warmer, a hat - whichever you require.
- A suitable rucksack - ideally this needs to be waterproof, comfortable and able to hold your equipment, spare clothing, snacks and drinks.
There will be walking involved. We may well head up some hills to get to the great views, so please ensure you are reasonably fit. We won’t race up the hills, but when it comes to sunrise, no-one really wants to set off at 3am to make sure we are there in time!
- As a minimum, we suggest that you are comfortable with steady inclines off-road and are able to walk up to 2 miles in one go, and 5 miles in a day. Remember that the ground underfoot may be slippery and uneven, so you must be comfortable with this.
We have secured a special rate at a beautiful B&B in Keswick (Sunnyside Guesthouse), which we will also use as the base for our intro talks as well as the processing and printing. It’s £50 per night, per person including breakfast. If you wish to stay here, please let us know ASAP as again spaces are limited. Please note, we cannot guarantee availability at Sunnyside Guesthouse.
If you wish to stay elsewhere, that’s also fine as long as you can get to the meeting points on time!
About David Newton:
For those of you that don’t know Dave, he is a complete Canon geek who spends a lot of time taking pictures of all sorts of subjects. If you want to learn about photography and especially about photography with a Canon camera, there are very few people more qualified to help you. He also happens to be a member of the SanDisk Extreme Team, the G-Technology G-Team, and a Manfrotto, Lastolite and LitePanels Ambassador.
His plain-English, jargon free approach and easy-going personality will put you at ease, so you can learn effectively. He is a very experienced photographer, videographer and trainer. Whatever your photographic experience, David will ensure that you are given advice suited for your own level.
Cancellations - Cancellations made within 14 days of the event are non-refundable.