Hawke Optics 10x32 Frontier ED X Binoculars (Green)
- Extra-low dispersion glass elements
- Compact BAK4 roof prisms
- Phase corrected and dielectric coated
- Fully multi-coated lens surfaces
- Wide 62º apparent angle of view
- Nitrogen-filled water and fog proof
- Closed bride configuration
- Lightweight and strong magnesium chassis
- Large centre focusing wheel
- Twist-up click-stop eyecups
The 10x32 Frontier ED X Binoculars from Hawke Optics features phase-corrected and dielectric-coated BAK4 roof prisms with anti-reflection full multi-coated extra-low dispersion (ED) objective lenses. These work together to produce a versatile and capable optic with bright and clear high-contrast images and accurate colour rendition. Coupled with the optical features are the compact 32mm objectives diameter that straddle the line between compact and full-sized binoculars to give you the performance you need without the bulk that might weight you down as you hike the trail, sightsee around the city or viewing from an observation deck.
Construction details complement the optical performance. These make this binocular durable and comfortable to use. The binoculars are lightweight and durable with a magnesium-alloy chassis is protected by a green rubberised armour that is textured for a non-slip grip. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed so that they are waterproof and resistant to internal fogging when moving through extreme changes in temperature or environmental conditions.
A right-eye Diopter adjustment and twist-up eyecups allow the binoculars to be customised to all your needs and can be comfortably used with or without eyewear. Protecting the objectives and eyepieces are tethered caps that come off fast for easy reaction to glassing opportunities without the possibility of losing them.
- High 10x magnification which brings distant subjects in for close viewing and identification
- BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear images with limited edge distortion
- 32mm objective lenses provide adequate light-gathering capability whilst remaining lightweight and compact
- Dielectric prism coatings boost internal surface reflectivity to greater than 99% for maximum light transmission through the prism with minimal loss and diffraction and improved contrast and clarity
- Extra-low dispersion (ED) glass elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations to produce views with true colour rendition without halos, diffraction or distortion across the entire field of view
- Anti-reflection fully multi-coated lenses maximise light transmission for bright and clear images with accurate colour rendition
- Water-repellent exterior lens coating allows water to bead and run off to ensure clear views in extreme weather conditions
- Phase-corrected prism coatings reduce internal interference to improve contrast, clarity and resolution
Handling and Use
- Fast focusing system runs through the minimum focus distance to infinity in just 1.5 turns to make acquiring subjects fast and tracking moving subjects easy
- Closed bridge configuration offers a stable performance for the internal focusing mechanism
- Right-eye Diopter adjustment enables users to compensate for optical prescription for sharper views
- Large slip-resistant centre focus wheel is easy to manipulate in cold or wet conditions or even when wearing gloves
- Wides 56-74mm interpupillary adjustment range allows easy use by a wide variety of people.
- Twist-up click-stop eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Comfortable 15mm eye relief improves viewing comfort and reduces eyestrain during long glassing sessions
- 3.2mm exit pupil