This DVD sets out to explain what the different types of lenses do and when they are used. We look at how they impact on the images that you take and how they can be used to shoot more creatively.
We also take a look at the jargon used within the lens range and make sense of the acronyms that are frequently used such as IS, USM DO, FTM and L. We explain what the terms mean but more importantly give an insight into how they benefit the photographer and why having these features on the lens can be a benefit to creating the images that you seek to produce.
We also take a look at some of the technologies used within the lenses and how these modern advancements are giving higher quality lenses and as a result significantly sharper images. These things are important as for most areas of photography the body you use makes very little difference to the quality of the images you take, however a putting a good lens on a basic camera body can significantly improve the quality of your pictures.
We also take a look within the Canon range at extenders and extension tubes, what they do and when they are used. We unravel the compatibility of extenders, lenses and if the AF will still work of not.
The DVD finishes off by looking at some popular lens accessories including protection, polarising, ND filters and hoods and when and how they are best used. We also show you how to look after your lenses correctly.
Topics included on the DVD:
• Understanding the EF, EF-S and EF-M mounts
• The effect that your cameras sensor size has on lens selection
• Compatibility of the EF-S mount
• Understanding zoom lenses vs prime or fixed focal length lenses
• How the lenses we shoot with change the images we take
• Why wide aperture lenses are beneficial
• Understanding Canon’s specialist lenses – Macro, TSE, Fisheye
• Planning your outfit
• Understanding focal lengths of lenses
• Understanding the aperture ranges given by lenses
• Why lenses use different motor systems
• How image stabilisation works and when it is beneficial
• Understanding the L series range
• Why different optical technologies are used and lens quality
• FTM – Full time manual focus
• Using the focusing scale on lenses and about the infinity point
• What BOKEH is and does
• What are lens distortions
• Choosing lenses for specific subjects
• Understanding filters, Protect, Polarising and ND
• Understanding lens hood usage
• Looking after your lenses