COVID-19 Store Opening Information
Coronavirus Update 05/01/2021
Online: Business as usual
All operating as normal. You can order online and we will dispatch your goods according to the delivery method chosen. For most orders delivery is free over £50.
Customer Service is open Monday-Saturday from 9am until 5.30pm and Sundays from 11am until 4pm.
Stores now open:
Not applicable. Until the restrictions on non-essential retail is lifted, all stores will remain closed. Please order online. We are available for advice 7 days a week and disaptch daily (Monday-Friday).
Stores temporarily closed:
- Preston (St. George's Shopping Centre)
- Warrington (Golden Square)
- Kendal (Westmorland Centre)
- Carlisle (The Lanes Shopping Centre)
- Liverpool, Bold Street
Stores which will not re-open:
We have made the difficult decision not to re-open these stores. Please read the full store closure information on the blog. If you are a customer of these stores and have previously provided an email address, we have emailed you all the information you will need too.
- Lancaster - your alternative options are online, Preston or Kendal
- Bury - your alternative options are online, Preston, Burnley or Warrington
Please consider that some of the stores above are located within shopping centres. These centres may have new opening times or new entry policies. Please check the shopping centre website in advance to help plan your journey.
Please note that all stores have now restored a normal, open-door policy. However, there may be busier periods where we need to limit the number of people in a store in order to maintain social distance.
Please note that "browsing" is limited. We will be happy to help you to choose a product, demonstrate products and offer you any advice you require. But, if you are just seeing what's new or having a browse, we will have to limit the time we allow you to be in the store. This is to keep waiting times as short as possible while we can only allow limited numbers in the stores.
We recommend getting in touch to check if the store you wish to visit has an item in stock before making a special journey.
See below for more information on the practices we will have in place at stores to keep you and our staff members safe.
How are we staying Covid-Secure?
We have put a number of measures in place to protect you and our staff members.
Our Head Office and Customers Service teams are working from home where possible and socially distanced where not. You won't notice any disruption to the service we offer you.
Our in-store policies are detailed below and vary depending on which National Tier is in place where the store is located.
A thorough Risk Assessment has been completed and measures put in place to protect you as well as our staff members.
Store Entry Procedures - Tier dependent
You are free to enter the store without any major restriction, but you must follow the social distancing and PPE guidelines outlined below. In smaller stores, we may have to limit the numbers in-store at peak times to maintain social distance.
The number of customers permitted to enter the store will be two at once. We may therefore request you queue outside or come back later at peak times. A "customer" may be an individual or a couple who stay together. You must follow the social distancing and PPE guidelines outlined below.
These stores will operate a "closed-door" policy. Customers must wait outside until invited in. Some stores will have a doorbell to ring upon arrival. You may wish to pre-book an appointment by contacting the store in advance, but this isn't necessary if you are happy to turn up and maybe wait until staff members are available to see you.
We ask customers in Tier 3 locations to shop alone where possible (though we understand some of our items are very considered purchases and you may want to shop with a partner, or you may have a disability which requires you are not alone.) We will let people shop in pairs, but we ask you to consider whether it is at all avoidable.
All social distancing and face mask policies outline below must be adhered to at all Tiers.
Lockdown (Jan-Feb 2021)
We are not classed as essential retail. Therefore all stores will remain closed until restrictions are lifted. However, we will always be open online, so please get in touch and shop online. Delivery is free for orders over £50* (T&C's apply. See Delivery Information).
- Staff numbers in-store are being limited to ensure social distancing can take place
- Our staff are staying 2m apart from each other and customers*
- Customers must stay 2m apart from other customers and staff*
- Customer numbers are being limited in stores
- Stores will be marked in 2m sections
*when demonstrating equipment, this will not always be possible, but we have PPE available to allow limited closer contact or distance
Cleaning / Sanitising
- Hand sanitising stations are present on entry to each store
- Handling of items is by request so we can ensure everything is properly sanitised and the risk of transmission is kept low
- Any touch points, such as card machines or photo printing kiosks will be wiped down after every use. Customers will also have cleaning equipment available to wipe down photo kiosks before use if they wish.
- Touch points such as doors, door handles, hand rails, etc. will be cleaned mulitple times throughout the day
- Stores will be thoroughly cleaned each day
- Any equipment which has been handled or demonstrated will be wiped clean and sanitised before being put back on display
- Disposed gloves and facemasks will be appropriately handled and disposed of after use to reduce the risk of transmission
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Our staff will wear full cover face masks and sometimes also visors.
- Government Guidelines now state you must wear a face mask to enter retail stores. Face masks will now only be provided only if you are unable to provide your own.
- Staff and customers will have disposable gloves and these will be used when handling, passing or demonstrating equipment.
Government Guidelines now state you must wear a facemask to enter retail stores. Face masks will now only be provided only if you are unable to provide your own. If you refuse to wear a facemask and do not have a valid exemption, we will ask you to leave the store. If you cannot wear a face mask for legitimate medical reasons, but wish to have a product demonstrated to you, then we will instead provide you with a disposable visor. For our staff members' safety, we cannot demonstrate products closer than 2m if you cannot wear a face mask.
We recently asked for some feedback about shopping in-store. This raised a number of questions, which we've answered in a blog article called "Life in the stores after lockdown." This may answer any questions you have about visiting the stores at the moment.