COVID-19 Store Opening Information
Which Wilkinson Cameras stores are opening and when?
We plan to re-open all stores, but we will be staggering the opening as we learn and adapt to retailing whilst staying "Covid-Secure".
The R Rate (a key factor in the Government's plans for easing lockdown) in the Northwest is the highest in the country at the time of writing. With this in mind, we are opening larger stores first and monitoring the situation before comitting to opening others. Sign up to our newsletter to be the first to hear when your local store is opening.
Stores now open now:
- Preston (St. George's Shopping Centre)
- Liverpool, Bold Street
- Warrington (Golden Square)
- Kendal (Westmorland Centre)
- Carlisle (The Lanes Shopping Centre)
Stores opening on Monday June 22nd:
Monday - Saturday: 9.30am until 5.00pm
Please consider that some of the stores above are located within shopping centres. These centres may have new opening times or new entry policies. Please check the shopping centre website in advance to help plan your journey.
Our stores will initially be operating under a "closed-door" policy. Please wait at the front door or ring the bell (certain stores only) and please be aware that you may need to queue as we need to restrict the number of people in the stores.
Please note that "browsing" is limited. We will be happy to help you to choose a product, demonstrate products and offer you any advice you require. But, if you are just seeing what's new or having a browse, we will have to limit the time we allow you to be in the store. This is to keep waiting times as short as possible while we can only allow limited numbers in the stores.
We recommend getting in touch to check if the store you wish to visit has an item in stock before making a special journey.
See below for more information on the practices we will have in place at stores to keep you and our staff members safe.
How are we staying Covid-Secure?
We have put a number of measures in place to protect you and our staff members.
Our Head Office and Customers Service teams are working from home where possible and socially distanced where not. You won't notice any disruption to the service we offer you.
Our in-store policies are detailed below.
A thorough Risk Assessment has been completed and measures put in place to protect you as well as our staff members.
- Staff numbers in-store are being limited to ensure social distancing can take place
- Initially stores will operate a "closed-door" policy. Customers must wait outside until invited in. This helps us to reduce the number of people in the store.
- Asking customers to shop alone where possible (we understand some of our items are very considered purchases and you may want to shop with a partner, or you may have a disability which requires you are not alone.) We will let people shop in pairs, but we ask you to consider whether it is at all avoidable.
- Requesting that if children are brought into the store that they are kept with a parent or guardian at all times.
- Our staff are staying 2m apart from each other and customers*
- Customers must stay 2m apart from other customers and staff*
- Customer numbers are being limited in stores
- Stores will be marked in 2m sections
*when demonstrating equipment, this will not always be possible, but we have PPE available to allow limited closer contact or distance
Cleaning / Sanitising
- Hand sanitising stations are present on entry to each store
- Handling of items is by request so we can ensure everything is properly sanitised and the risk of transmission is kept low
- Any touch points, such as card machines or photo printing kiosks will be wiped down after every use. Customers will also have cleaning equipment available to wipe down photo kiosks before use if they wish.
- Touch points such as doors, door handles, hand rails, etc. will be cleaned mulitple times throughout the day
- Stores will be thoroughly cleaned each day
- Any equipment which has been handled or demonstrated will be wiped clean and sanitised before being put back on display
- Disposed gloves and facemasks will be appropriately handled and disposed of after use to reduce the risk of transmission
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Our staff will wear full cover face masks
- Customers will be given disposable face masks which they must wear if they wish to have equipment demonstrated
- Staff and customers will have disposable gloves and these will be used when handling, passing or demonstrating equipment.