- Align and control your telescope wirelessly using your smartphone or tablet with Celestron’s exclusive, free SkyPortal app for iOS and Android devices.
- Tap any celestial object you see in the sky to identify it instantly. Tap again and your telescope slews to that object, centering it perfectly in the eyepiece.
- Explore 100,000+ objects in SkyPortal’s database. While you observe, view astroimages and listen to audio descriptions for hundreds of the most popular objects including the planets, Orion Nebula, Hercules Globular Star Cluster, and more.
- Sky Tour feature generates a list of all the best stars, galaxies and nebulae to view based on your exact time and location.
- WiFi module is compatible with all current Celestron computerized telescopes and select older models. Unit does not require batteries or external power.
- The Celestron SkyPortal app can only be used for telescope control when paired with the SkyPortal WiFi module.
Get WiFi Access to the Universe with the SkyPortal WiFi Module
Celestron's SkyPortal WiFi Module turns your smartphone or tablet into your own personal planetarium and observatory!
Simply plug the WiFi module into your telescope’s hand control or AUX port and connect your device to its wireless signal. Instantly, your device becomes a wireless hand control for your telescope, guiding you through the alignment process and slewing to any celestial object with a simple tap.
As SkyPortal WiFi Module slews your telescope to an object, you can listen to hundreds of included audio descriptions on your device, which explain the history, mythology, and key features of the most popular celestial objects. Select Tonight’s Best in the search menu and SkyPortal WiFi will display a list of the best objects to view based on your exact time and location. There’s no need to input GPS coordinates or set the time and date—this information comes directly from your device.
The SkyPortal WiFi Module makes a great gift for telescope users of all ages and skill levels, from first timers to advanced users. Take your family on a guided tour of the universe with SkyPortal WiFi!
SkyPortal WiFi Module, Powered by Celestron SkyPortal
Celestron’s full featured planetarium app, SkyPortal, works exclusively with the SkyPortal WiFi Module for telescope control. The app is available free on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Developed in collaboration with the experts at SkySafari, SkyPortal offers an intuitive user interface with a robust database of more than 100,000 celestial objects. You can even plan your observing session before you set up your telescope, viewing lunar transits and other notable events up to 100 years into the future.