- 26.8mm wide angle zoom lens with fast f/1.8-f/2.8 circular aperture
- Full 1080p High Definition quality, 1/2.84" CMOS Sensor
- High performance enabled by DIGIC DV4
- Great low light performance and sensitivity
- 8 bladed circular aperture for beautiful background bokeh
- Dynamic IS and Powered IS, 5 Axis image stabilisation
- Efficient and simple workflows using MP4 files at 50P/35Mbps
- AVCHD progressive recording
- 3" OLED Touch Panel View Screen
- Compact & lightweight form factor
- Perfect for documentary & guerrilla-style filmmaking
- 2 x XLR with Manual/Auto Audio Levels
- HDMI output
- 2 x SD/SDHC/SDXC Media Card Slot
- 0.24-inch (0.61 cm) EVF
- Features HD-SDI BNC output for video, embedded audio and time code
High optical performance
A Canon 20x optical zoom lens provides a highly versatile zoom range with the 35mm equivalent of 26.8-576mm. with an improved circular aperture, the XA15 can record more natural, beautiful images.
Stunning Full HD image quality
With Canon’s HD CMOS Pro Sensor and the powerful DIGIC DV4 Image Processor with improved low-light performance, the XA15 captures superb Full HD video in 50P at 35Mbps with Wide dynamic range of 600%.
Professional recording options
The XA15 can record in both AVCHD and MP4 formats, at multiple bit rates, and even simultaneously.
The XA15 provides various interfaces including two XLR inputs for high quality audio, headphone jack, optional GPS support, HDMI terminal plus HD/SD-SDI BNC output for fast video, embedded audio and time code transmitting - this is the key difference between the Canon XA11 and XA15 cameras.
Easy operability and compact design
With a compact and discrete body, the XA15 is ideal for high-action shoots when both speed and mobility are essential. It features 3.0-inch touchscreen, 1.56 million dot tiltable EVF and a switchable zoom/focus lens ring.