- F4 constant maximum aperture - For great performance in everyday situations
- Dual Nano USM - For smooth, fast and near silent continuous focusing
- UD elements and ASC coatings - For exceptionally sharp, high contrast images
- 5-stop Optical Image Stabilizer - Exceptional stability in the lowest of light levels
- Dust and water resistant seals - Offering weather resistance and durability
- Lens Control Ring - Change settings while still viewing the subject
Compact, light and portable
Ideal for travel, sports and wildlife thanks to its compact size and light weight, the lens has pro features in a small size and won’t take up much room in a kit bag.
Pro grade image quality
As well as Air Sphere Coating, four UD lenses correct aberrations while a 9-blade iris and constant F4 aperture give superb bokeh, even at its closest focus of 0.6m.
Designed for stable handheld shooting, the Optical Image Stabilizer gives great confidence, with up to 5-stops available.
Quiet, fast and precise AF
Dual Nano USM motors bring incredible new levels of rapid and silent continuous focusing, perfect for stills or video.
No compromise construction
This L-series lens features weather-sealing and fluorine coatings to guard against dust and water, plus heat resistant paint to reflect heat in sunny conditions.
5-Stop Optical Image Stabilizer
The RF 70-200mm F4L IS USM features a new Optical Image Stabilizer offering 5-stops compensation. The combination of this technology and high-speed RF communication means that performance of this lens surpasses the best technology in the EF range, allowing photographers to choose longer exposures without camera shake affecting the resulting image.
Dual Nano USM focusing motor
The RF 70-200mm F4L IS USM features dual focus motors. Using two Nano USM AF motors helps drive the lightweight optical elements with speed, precision and control making it ideal for both stills and video usage. One Nano USM is used for the conventional focusing group and the other for the floating focus group, to ensure high speed focusing, a more compact lens design and improve close focusing.