- STM Motor - Smooth, fast, near silent autofocus
- Wide f/1.8 aperture - Great for low light and stunning bokeh
- Aspheric lens element - Superior sharpness from centre to edge
- RF mount - Compact design with better performance
- Super Spectra Coating - Improves image quality and colour rendering
Wide aperture creativity
Create artistic and impactful images at lower ISO thanks to a wide f/1.8 aperture that achieves sharp focus on a subject yet delivers a beautiful blurred background.
Sharp, quiet focusing
The STM (Stepping Motor) technology focuses very smoothly and in near-silence, ideal for stills and video. Super Spectra Coating on the lens elements ensure quality.
Compact and lightweight
At 160g and 40.5mm, it is a highly compact and lightweight partner for your day-to-day shooting with EOS R-series cameras, with no adapter required.
Very discreet with a combined focusing and control ring for intuitive control, the lens has a 7-blade circular aperture for superb bokeh and focuses to 0.3m.
Creativity at lower cost
The Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM offers an affordable way to explore greater creativity, and is a great choice for ambient light portraits with a natural, flattering perspective.