Color Balance and Control for Filmmaking – from Shoot to Edit
From the makers of the original ColorChecker Classic, the X-Rite ColorChecker Video is the ideal color chart for your video workflow. This two-sided target provides chromatic color chips, skin tone chips and gray reference chips on one side and a spectrally neutral white balance card on the other side. This larger color target is perfect for pre-camera checks and wider shots. Ideal for Filmmakers..
Achieving the proper color balance and exposure for video can be challenging. F-stops in cameras don’t always match. Ambient lighting conditions change. Multiple cameras and lenses have different looks, even if they are the same brand and model. All of this adds up to quality control challenges and increased workload in post-production for your colorist or editor. Here’s what ColorChecker Video offers:
Video Colour Target:
Speed up your color grading workflow by achieving ideal exposure and color balance, whether shooting with one camera or multiples. This color chart includes a series of chromatic color chips, skin tone chips, gray chips and illumination check chips. The layout is designed for ideal performance when used with vectorscopes and waveforms, whether on camera or in software.
• Chromatic Colours: - two rows of six chromatic color chips, both saturated and desaturated, specifically designed to align with the color axis on a vectorscope. These colors provide two levels of color information to more quickly achieve an ideal color balance.
• Skin Tones: - ranging from light to dark with subtle undertones to better reproduce accurate flesh tones. This row of chips is positioned on the outer edge of the target for easy alignment.
• Large Gray Levels: - four larger steps for even gray balance, including white, 40IRE gray, deep gray and high gloss black. These levels are ideal for determining proper exposure whether you use a waveform, zebras, or false colors.
• Linear Grayscale: - six color chips for achieving even gray balance. This row addresses highlight and shadow regions.
• Illumination Check Chips: - black and white chips at two corners to better assist in determining even illumination across the target.
White Balance Target:
Starting with an accurate white balance ensures the colors you capture are true and provides a point of reference for post-shoot editing. The White Balance target found on the reverse side is a spectrally flat target that provides a neutral reference point across mixed lighting conditions that you encounter during a video shoot. Since the target reflects light equally across the visible spectrum, creating an in-camera custom white balance can properly compensate for varying lighting.
• Eliminate colour casts
• Improve the color preview on your camera’s display so your histograms are more reliable
• Make post production color correction and editing faster and easier by eliminating the need to neutralize each frame individually
• Size: 21.59 x 27.94 cm
• Weight: 227g
• Humidity range: 85% or less (non-condensing)
|Box Contents:||ColorChecker Video|