ColorChecker Passport Video is a powerful ‘capture to edit’ color solution for any filmmaker looking to save time, providing a consistent and predictable neutral starting point so you can get to your look faster than ever before. Take it with you on every video shoot – either indoor or outdoor. It will quickly become your go-to color tool during pre-production, capture and edit.
Achieving the proper color balance and exposure for video can be challenging. F-stops in cameras don’t always match. Ambient lighting conditions change. Multiple cameras and lenses have different looks, even if they are the same brand and model. All of this adds up to quality control challenges and increased workload in post-production for your colorist or editor. Here’s what ColorChecker Video offers:
Video Colour Target:
Specifically designed for today’s video production workflow. The Video Color target includes four rows of color chips designed for video capture and editing, giving you a powerful chart to speed up color grading.
• Chromatic Colours: - six chips specifically designed to align with the color axis on a vectorscope
• Skin Tones: -ranging from light to dark with subtle undertones
• Linear Greyscale: - six steps for even gray balance, including highlight and shadow regions
• Highlight and Shadow Grays: - six black and white patches, including a high gloss black to capture the full range of your video camera
Enhanced for achieving ideal camera exposure for video production. The Grayscale target includes 3 rows of white, 40IRE gray, and high gloss black color chips. This target helps you:
• align the exposure and contrast of cameras you may be matching
• ensures that mid-tones, such as flesh tones, are rendered accurately
White Balance Target:
Starting with an accurate white balance ensures the colors you capture are true and provides a point of reference for post-shoot editing. The White Balance target found on the reverse side is a spectrally flat target that provides a neutral reference point across mixed lighting conditions that you encounter during a video shoot. Since the target reflects light equally across the visible spectrum, creating an in-camera custom white balance can properly compensate for varying lighting.
• Eliminate colour casts
• Improve the color preview on your camera’s display so your histograms are more reliable
• Make post production color correction and editing faster and easier by eliminating the need to neutralize each frame individually
This handy card will always be at your fingertips to facilitate center and edge focusing.
• Size: 12.5 x 9 x .9 cm
• Weight: 80g
• Humidity range: 85% or less (non-condensing)
• Temperature range: 0° - 40° C
|Box Contents:||ColorChecker Video|