You will be emailed a digital ticket within 1 working day of placing your order. Please refer to the time and date on the "Admission Type" section of your digital ticket (bottom right of the PDF), not the "Event Starts" section which will show a date of 01/01/2020. The "Admission Type" will show the date for the workshop you have booked.
Please show this on a smart phone or tablet or print it off to show on the day. If you do not receive a ticket then please bring your order confirmation or receipt. For in-store purchases, no ticket will be emailed - please use your receipt.
This course provides the ideal opportunity to learn about your Nikon DSLR. Teaching you everything you need to know to switch off auto and get shooting creatively with your Nikon DSLR. The expert trainer avoids confusion and jargon to provide clear simple advice.
Starting with the basics and progressing into professional techniques, we will help you take control of your camera for true creative expression. Knowing how to use your camera properly opens up tremendous possibilities so you are free to create spectacular results.
• Basic Layout and control: Understand Nikon’s design approach and find the feature you need every time.
• Starting simply use the predetermined settings (pre-sets) for set and forget shooting.
• Feeling confident? Take control of fundamentals such as ISO and White Balance.
• Create your own designed look and style using Picture Controls.
• Demystifying Auto Focus set AF for sharp as a tack shots every time.
• Understand the differences between Jpeg and RAW (NEF) so you get the best file for your workflow.
• Learn the basics of Flash from simple to use Built in flash to the creative options with external Speedlights
• Vital Camera care and cleaning and how to deal with dust on the sensor.
• Extending your capability with the smart choice of accessories whether you need a new lens or are looking for the perfect tripod, speedlight ot more.
• The different types of lenses and what the names and numbers mean
• Identify and use presets, test their capability and limitations. Control the presets.
• Switch to M,A,S,P for increased control and shooting choices.
• Control your ISO - understand and make the most of this powerful tool.
• Exposure compensation - learn how to get the perfect exposure no matter what situation.
• Develop your own style using Picture Controls.
• Use Retouch mode effectively to manipulate images for creative effect.
• Discover the power of Auto Focus and step away from auto AF for better results.
• Make more of your built in flash
• Starting with WB White Balance indoors controlling colour output.
• Try out a range of different lenses, inside and outside the studio, see how they differ and decide which is best for your photography
This course takes place at The Liverpool Learning Suite. Tea, coffee, etc. will be provided and atendees will have 60 minutes for lunch. Lunch is not provided, but our central location means that there are many lunch options within a short walk. If you wish to bring your own packed lunch, then we do provide a fridge and guests are welcome to eat their lunch in The Learning Suite.
Courses start at 10.30am, but feel free to arrive from 10.00am in order to get a coffee and relax beforehand. Courses finish at approximately 4.30pm, but this time may change, so please allow extra time when making travel arrangements.
Please note that The Learning Suite is on the 1st floor of our Liverpool store and our toilet facilities are on the 2nd floor.
Unfortunately, there is no wheelchair access. However, our staff are always on hand if you require any assistance. We are open for viewings 7 days a week, if you want to check the accessibility beforehand.
If you or anyone in your group wishes to attend one of our Liverpool based courses, but is unsure whether the venue is suitable, then please get in touch. Wherever possible, we will try to accomodate you, or look into an alternative solution. Thank you.
Cancellations - Cancellations made within 7 days of the event are non-refundable.