One of the most over-used, yet misunderstood pieces of photographic equipment is the flash unit in its many forms. While a flash unit offers the advantage of adding light to your images, its biggest disadvantage is the complex nature of the flash, which prevents many from using it to its full potential.
Professional photographer Robert Harrington takes the confusion out of the subject of photographic lighting, and offers invaluable guidance and expert tips that will benefit all keen photographers.
• Professional photographer, Robert Harrington, offers invaluable advice and expert tips
• Jargon-free text explains the basics of flash, both on- and off-camera, how to utilise direct and how to take great portraits with a single Speedlight, including use outdoors
• Includes advice on the use of off-camera flash modifiers, such as softboxes and grids
Author information: Robert Harrington is an accomplished headshot and editorial photographer based in Milford, CT, and whose work has appeared in numerous magazines and on web sites. He also specialises in flash and off camera flash photography, teaching OCF across the United States. His love of photography and helping others forward their photographic vision has led to a successful career in this expanding field.
• Pub Date: March
• ISBN-13: 9781907708756
• Price: £14.99
• Imprint: Ammonite
• Binding: PB with flaps
• No. of Pages: 192
• Colour: Full colour throughout
• Photos: Includes photographs
• Illus: N/a
• Charts: N/a
• Dimensions: 178 x 145mm