This camera is perfect for the creative individual, ready to expand their photography. It features a large DX-Format sensor and combined with a compatible Nikon Lens, you can obtain crisp, high quality images.
Slimmer and significantly lighter than the previous model, the D5500 sports a deeper grip for improved handling. The vari angle touch screen is responsive and gives smart-phone like handling. Combine this with the integrated WiFi and you can share your photos with ease via a smart device.
The 24.2 megapixel sensor has been designed without an Optical Low-Pass Filter (OLPF) and produces crisp and incredibly detailed images, especially when captured with a Nikon NIKKOR lens.
At the heart of all this is the Nikon EXPEED 4 image processing engine. This enables high speed operation, smooth video recording and advanced noise reduction.
• Incredible image quality: 24.2-megapixel DX-format sensor with no OLPF
• Superior low-light performance: ISO 100–25600
• Vari-angle monitor: large 8.1-cm (3.2-in.) LCD with wide-viewing angle and high 1,037k-dot resolution
• Responsive touchscreen: tap to focus and shoot, or adjust settings such as aperture, ISO, and shutter speed
• Touch Fn function: quickly adjust key settings with a finger swipe when shooting through the viewfinder
• Built in Wi-Fi: easily share impressive photos via a compatible smartphone or tablet
• Streamlined design: monocoque structure and a deep grip. Approx. 124×97×70 mm, this camera weighs just 420 g (without battery and memory card)
• 39-point AF system: with nine cross-type sensors in the centre
• Improved contrast-detect AF: 20% faster than the D5300 when shooting in Live View
• Fast and powerful EXPEED 4 image processing engine
• Up to 5 fps continuous shooting
• Full HD movies: at 1080/50/60p and Full HD/60p output supported
• Picture Control 2.0: invaluable tools for shooting photos and movies just the way you want. Includes the new Flat setting for maximum dynamic range
• Built-in stereo microphone: and compatibility with Nikon’s ME-1 Stereo Microphone
• Viewfinder: approx. 95% frame coverage with approx. 0.82x magnification
• 10 special effects for still images and movies
• 16 Scene Modes
• Creative tools: retouch menu, bracketing functions, HDR photography, interval timer shooting, vignette control
• Expandable system: Compatible with the full range of NIKKOR DX-format lenses and specific Nikon Speedlights
• Compatible with the WR-R10/WR-T10 Wireless Remote Controllers
Megapixels 24.2 million Sensor Type DX, 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm CMOS Screen size 8.1cm (3.2–in.) diagonal. TFT vari-angle LCD touch screen with 170° viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, brightness adjustment, and eye-sensor controlled on/off. Approx.1037k-dot, (720 x 480 x 3 = 1,036,800 dots) Max ISO 100–25600, in steps of 1/3 EV. Auto ISO sensitivity control available Continuous Approx.5 fps Lens Mount Nikon F mount Lens 18-55mm VR II Card Type SD, SDHC (UHS-I compliant), SDXC (UHS-I compliant) Video 1920 x 1080, 60p (progressive)/50p/30p/25p/24p Battery EN-EL14a Dimensions Approx. 124 x 97 x 70 mm (4.9 x 3.9 x 2.8 in.) Weight 420 g/14.9 oz (camera body only) Additional features 39 focus points (including 9 cross-type sensor) Built in Wi-Fi Deeper grip Manufacturers link Here
|Box Contents:||Rubber Eyecup DK-25, Body Cap BF-1B, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL14a (with terminal cover), Battery Charger MH-24, Strap AN-DC3, USB Cable UC-E23, Audio/video cable EG-CP16|