- Rugged and lightweight design
- Records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation, direction, and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information to images when shooting
- Can act as a standalone GPS logger
- On-board electronic compass
- Camera time can be synched by the built-in atomic clock
- Uses a conveniently replaceable AA battery as its power source so no energy is drawn from the camera's battery
- Hot shoe or USB terminal connectivity
To be able to endure a photographer's travels, Canon designed the GP-E2 to share the same rugged and durable exterior construction as the EOS 5D Mark III DSLR body while still remaining compact and lightweight. Able to withstand harsh weather conditions, the GPS Receiver GP-E2* is a great enhancement to the EOS 5D Mark III for those who wish to take their EOS system out into even the most remote environments.