You may also like these...
Bouncing the light for beautiful indoor images
Pictures can appear very different and achieve various expressions depending on how you manipulate the light. But lighting a shot is not at all difficult with the SB-300 Speedlight. Its flash head can be set up to 120 degrees upward allowing you to bounce light off ceiling or wall to endow a softer, more natural look to your subject. You can easily control the lighting to capture a beautiful indoor portrait creatively.
Compact and lightweight design for great portability
With its compact and lightweight design, comfortable portability is ensured even when attached to a camera. The SB-300 is certain to expand your enjoyment of shooting pictures in a variety of scenes.
Easy operation even for novices
Attach the SB-300 to a camera supporting Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) or a COOLPIX model supporting i-TTL flash control, and switch the power on. This is all you have to do to enjoy flash photography. Thanks to Nikon's highly accurate i-TTL flash, the amount of light output is automatically and appropriately controlled, achieving high-quality flash shots reliably.
- *Advanced Wireless Lighting is not supported.
Compatible with readily available AAA-size batteries
The SB-300 uses two AAA-size alkaline or NiMH batteries which are readily available anywhere, so you'll never run out of power.
- Electronic constructionAutomatic Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor (IGBT) and series circuitryGuide number (20°C/68°F)18/59 (ISO 100, m/ft)Angle of coverageCovers angle of view of 27 mm lens (FX format) or 18 mm lens (DX format)Effective flash range (i-TTL)0.6 m to 20 m (2 ft to 66 ft); varies with ISO sensitivity, bounce angle, and apertureOptions available using camera controls
Bounce angleFlash rotates vertically up to 120° with stops where the flash is pointing directly ahead and at 60°, 75°, 90°, and 120°Device on/offPower switch used to turn SB-300 on and offPower sourceTwo AAA alkaline or NiMH batteriesFlash-ready light
- Flash control mode: i-TTL, manual
- Flash mode: Fill flash (front-curtain sync), front-curtain with slow sync, rear- curtain sync, and rear-curtain with slow sync
Flash durationLights for about 1/1650 s when fired at full powerBatter endurance and flash recycling time*1Battery typeMinimum recycling time*2Endurance*3/recycling time*2AlkalineApprox. 4.0 s70 or more uses/4.0-30 sNiMHApprox. 3.5 s110 or more uses/3.5-30 sMounting foot lock leverLocking pin prevents accidental detachmentOther optionsThermal cut-out, firmware update*4Dimensions (W x H x D)Approx. 57.4 x 65.4 x 62.3 mm (2.3 x 2.6 x 2.5 in.)Weight
- Charging complete: Lights
- Warning: Blinks
Supplied accessoriesSoft Case SS-DC1
- Approx. 120 g (4.2 oz), including two AAA alkaline batteries
- Approx. 97 g (3.4 oz), body only