You may also like these...
Ultra-compact NIKKOR lens comparable to D-SLR interchangeable lenses
Designed exclusively for a slim, compact body, this NIKKOR lens features incredible optical performance in an ultra-compact configuration of seven elements in five groups. Thanks to the lens-integrated camera body structure, the overall system — including the sensor and mechanical controls — has been optimized to achieve the ultimate optical quality.
The advantage of 18.5 mm* wide-angle coverage
The 18.5 mm* angle is excellent for most subjects, including landscape, architecture, documentary, close-up or candid shooting. The versatile wide-angle lens encourages your spontaneity, enabling you to instantly capture any moment that attracts your attention while still retaining your subjects' natural expressions. You can also use the wide-angle advantage to emphasize the perspective for dramatic effects. Unlike zoom lenses, the fixed focal length ensures exceptional edge-to-edge optical performance. Wherever you go, whatever catches your eye, the COOLPIX A is ready to capture it beautifully.
- *Equivalent to 28 mm in 35mm  format
Exceptional resolution, color reproduction and bokeh
The COOLPIX A corrects and compensates for spherical aberration and coma to realize images comparable to those captured with D-SLR interchangeable lenses. The lens inside the COOLPIX A incorporates a seven-blade iris diaphragm. In addition to incredible detail at the focus points, employing an odd number of blades results in a beautiful, circular bokeh (background blur) effect.
- Effective pixelsEffective pixels16.2 millionImage sensorImage sensor23.6 x 15.6 mm Nikon DX format CMOS; approx. 16.93 million total pixelsLensLensNIKKOR lens (7 elements in 5 groups)Focal length18.5 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 28 mm lens in 35mm  format)Maximum aperturef/2.8Autofocus (AF)Autofocus (AF)Contrast-detect AFFocus rangeApprox. 50 cm (1 ft 8 in.) - infinity; approx. 10 cm (4 in.) - infinity in macro autofocus mode. All distances measured from center of front surface of lensFocus-area selectionFace-priority, normal area, wide area and subject-tracking AFMonitorMonitor7.5 cm/3-in., approx. 921k-dot, TFT LCD with a wide viewing angle, anti-reflection coating, and 9-level brightness adjustmentFrame coverageApprox. 100% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)StorageMediaSD/SDHC/SDXC memory cardsFile systemDCF, Exif 2.3, DPOF, and PictBridge compliantFile formatsStill pictures: JPEG, RAW (NEF; a proprietary Nikon format)
Movie recording: MOV (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: Linear stereo PCM)Image size (pixels)Image size (pixels)Still pictures: L (4928 x 3264), M (3696 x 2448), S (2464 x 1632)
Movie recording: 1920 x 1080 pixels (30p/25p/24p), 1280 x 720 pixels (30p/25p/24p)ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)ISO 100 - 3200; can be adjusted using ISO sensitivity to 6400, Hi 0.3 (ISO 8000 equivalent), Hi 0.7 (ISO 10000 equivalent), Hi 1 (ISO 12800 equivalent), and Hi 2 (ISO 25600 equivalent)ExposureMetering modeMatrix, center-weighted, or spotExposure controlAuto, scene, programmed auto with flexible program, shutter-priority auto, aperture-priority auto, manual with exposure bracketing and exposure compensation (±5 EV [photos] or ±2 EV [movies] in steps of 1/3 EV), U1 (user settings 1), U2 (user settings 2)ShutterShutterMechanical and CMOS electronic shutterSpeed1/2000 to 30 s; bulb and time available in mode M (time requires optional ML-L3 remote control)ApertureApertureElectronically-controlled 7-blade iris diaphragmRange19 steps of 1/3 EVSelf-timerSelf-timerChoose from durations of approx. 20, 10, 5 and 2 secondsBuilt-in flashRangeApprox. 0.5 - 11.5 m/1 ft 8 in. - 37 ft (mode , auto ISO)Flash controlTTL auto flash with monitor pre-flashes; manual flash control available; Guide Number approx. 6/21, or 6/22 when fired in manual mode at full power (ISO 100, m/ft, 23°C/73.4°F)Flash compensationFlash compensation-3 - +1 EV in steps of 1/3 EVAccessory shoeAccessory shoeISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lockInterfaceInterfaceHi-Speed USBData transfer protocolPTPHDMI outputHDMI outputAuto, 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080iI/O terminalsI/O terminals
Supported languagesSupported languagesArabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, European Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, TurkishPower sourcesPower sources
- Digital connector (USB)
- HDMI mini connector (Type C)
- Accessory terminal
Battery life*1Battery lifeStill pictures: approx. 230 shots with EN-EL20
- One EN-EL20 Rechargeable Li-ion battery (supplied)
- EH-5b AC Adapter; requires EP-5C Power Connector (available separately)
Movie recording (endurance for movie recording)*2: approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes with EN-EL20Tripod socketTripod socket1/4 (ISO 1222)Dimensions (W x H x D)Dimensions (W x H x D)Approx. 111.0 x 64.3 x 40.3 mm (4.4 x 2.6 x 1.6 in.) excluding projectionsWeightWeightApprox. 299 g (10.6 oz), including battery and memory cardOperating environmentTemperature0°C - 40°C (32°F - 104°F)Humidity85% or less (no condensation)Supplied accessoriesSupplied accessoriesEN-EL20 Rechargeable Li-ion battery, MH-27 Battery Charger, UC-E16 USB Cable, Camera Strap, BS-1 Accessory Shoe Cover, ViewNX 2 CD-ROM