You may also like these...
- High reproduction capability of point light sources even at the maximum aperture
- Sharp, high-resolution images can be reproduced even at the maximum aperture
- Delivers natural depth of subjects utilizing smooth and beautiful bokeh characteristics
- Controlled light falloff retains natural brightness across the entire frame even at the maximum aperture
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively reduces flare and ghost
Point light sources located at infinity can be finely reproduced as point images even at the maximum aperture. Also, exquisitely created bokeh depicts people and still objects attractively. Superior rendering capability that realizes two contradictory factors enables new photographic creativity.
SpecificationsFocal length58 mmMaximum aperturef/1.4Minimum aperturef/16Lens construction9 elements in 6 groups (including 2 aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with a Nano Crystal Coat)Nano Crystal CoatYesAngle of view (diagonal)40°50' (with Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras)
27°20' (with Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras)FocusingAutofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor with separate focus ring for manual focusMinimum focus distance0.58 m (1.90 ft) from focal planeMaximum reproduction ratio0.13xNo. of diaphragm blades9 (rounded diaphragm opening)Filter-attachment size72 mmDimensionsApprox. 85 mm (maximum diameter) x 70 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)WeightApprox. 385 g (13.6 oz)AccessoriesLC-72 72 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-68 Bayonet Hood, CL-1015 Flexible Lens Pouch