- The Leica Super-Elmar-M 18 mm f/3.8 ASPH. will help you capture the expansiveness of space like few other tools. Nominally larger than a standard lens, it boasts an extreme angle of view of up to 100 degrees and reaches far into the field of super wide angle lenses, at the same time guaranteeing the outstanding lens qualities that are typical for Leica. The Leica Super-Elmar-M 18 mm f/3.8 ASPH. broadens the horizon not only in architecture and landscape photography but in many other areas as well.
Excellent performance and compact design
The Leica Super-Elmar-M 18 mm f/3.8 ASPH. successfully merges ambitious wide angle photography with the very best of optical quality and compact design. This is achieved thanks to a patented, spacesaving, yet extremely effective lens hood. The lens is a super wide angle lens with an impressive angle of view, especially when mounted on an analogue Leica M model or a full frame digital camera, such as the M9. Its retrofocus-like architecture features eight lens elements of which one boasts two aspherical surfaces to ensure outstanding image quality already at open aperture.
Mirror Viewfinder M 18 mm - Intuitive framing
The rangefinder camera coupled with the bright Mirror Viewfinder M 18 mm is a high-precision instrument, yet precision focusing isn't always necessary thanks to sufficient depth of field reserves (hyperfocal technique). This solution is ideal for spontaneous and intuitive photography with the Leica M.
- Angle of view (diagonal, horizontal, vertical) - For 35 mm: 100°, 90°, 67° / For LEICA M8 models (18 x 27 mm): 84°, 74°, 53°
- Optical design
- Number of lenses/groups: 8 / 7
- Focal length: 18.3 mm
- Position of entrance pupil: 19.8 mm (related to the first lens surface in light direction)
- Focusing range: 0.7 m to infinity
- Distance setting
- Scales: Combined meter/feet graduation
- Smallest object field: 827 mm x 1241 mm (35 mm), 620 x 931 mm (LEICA M8 models)
- Largest reproduction ratio: 1:34.6
- Setting/Function: With click-stops, half values available, manual diaphragm
- Lowest value: 16 / Number of blades: 9
- Bayonet - Leica M quick-change bayonet with 6 bit lens identification bar code for digital M models
- Filter mount/Lens hood - Leica M quick-change bayonet with 6 bit lens identification bar code for digital M models. Male thread, non-rotating and with stop for filter holder or lens hood. Accessory filter holder for E77 filters available / Separate, screw-on type, included in delivery
- Dimension and weight
- Length: 58 mm (2.28 in)
- Largest diamater: 61 mm (2.4 in)
- Weight: approx. 310 g (10.93 oz.)