You may also like these...
Firecrest ND is a revolutionary new type of ND filter from Formatt-Hitech. These filters use the new Firecrest ND coating technology to produce a super-dark 13 and 16 stop ND filters that are both very neutral and block infrared contamination.
Firecrest is a rare earth metal coating used to create hyper neutral NDs. Firecrest Filters are neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared.
• 13 stops is popular when photographing near the sea where 2-3 minute exposures are ideal for transforming fast moving clouds and turbulent water into ethereal masterpieces.
• 16 stops is the most popular density for long exposure photographers, who typically make exposures of 5-8 minutes.
The filters are made from 2mm thick Schott Superwite glass, and the multicoating is bonded in the middle of the glass to increase scratch resistance. Firecrest Filters are neutral across all spectrums, including UV, visible, and infrared.
Neutral Density (ND) filters are the essential filters for digital photography and cinematography. ND filters reduce the amount of light entering the camera and allow the photographer to create the following effects:
• Ethereal waterfalls and streams
• Flat water effect in oceans and lakes
• Streaky clouds
• Motion blur in sports
• Long exposures to remove people from public areas
• Shallow depth of field using fast lenses wide-open
• Adjusting aperture for cinematography
Formatt-HitechFormatt-Hitech - The World’s Leading Manufacturer of Professional Quality Filters For Photography, Cinematography and Broadcast are manufactured in the UK to the highest standards. Their Firecrest range offer the most neutral ND filters, removing more infrared light contamination than any other filter - making them IRND filters.