You may also like these...
The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than the 114mm telescope.
And the 130 SLT, like the other models in the SLT Series, comes with a fully computerized hand control. The computerized hand control gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars. With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. The new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13), or the Great Nebula in Orion (M42). Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror.
Because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- High quality 130 mm reflector
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
Design: Lense-/Reflecting Telescope (Catadioptric) Eyepieces: 10/20 Focal Distance: 650 Magnification Factor: 65x Mounting: Parallactic Lens Diameter: 130 Colour: Black